Another small release, this time “Animix” app. Version 1.4 change list:
- ‘Wave Motion’ filter added.
- Bugfix: Camera frame fixed for render to frame (QuickTime).
- Minor bugfixes.
“Wave Motion” is a bit specific filter, it doesn’t emulate any real-world effect like whether or something, but it’s good in animating small details: grass, hair and so on.
We have spent almost two month working on new software and it’s time to make a break and release some updates. Next weeks I’m going to spent to:
- 1. Release the Shetcher 1.1. Our C++ programmer did good working on this update and the preview window now works much better, although we have sacrificed the performance a bit, a liiiittle bit. The small preview in the params panel has been also improved and it is scrollable now – just like you, people, asked. We don’t plan new filters for 1.1, they are scheduled for 1.2.
- 2. Fix the “Animix” export issue. The app doesn’t automatically stretch the frames during the export. Actually, it was a ‘designed’ feature, but it seems really confusing to most users and we even were rated at 1* buy an AppStore-buyer. Well, not that hard to fix! Also, few small features could be added, I’m thinking about it.
- 3. Vidiary compatibility with Lion will be fixed. I hoped to fix the problem with minimum losses, but it seems like the problem requires some serious attention… Anyway, it’s now in my personal TODO.
- 4. The circumstances might force us to re-name the “Smoke” app. This won’t affect the licenses or anything else and the app will remain the same. If there will be a need to release renamed app shortly, I’ll add few small fixes and additions as well.
Oh, the updates will be free, of course.
Thanks to the last MUPromo, I have received some feedback regarding the app. Here is the result, the 1.3 update:
- Colorization for the ‘Rain’, ‘Snow’ and ‘Clouds’ effects.
- Improved masking tools and UI.
- Dragging the main photo with right mouse added (navigation).
- Export to image sequence (or a single screenshot).
- Bugfix: Camera can be used without active filters.
- Better preferences with extended rendering performance setup.
- Minor bugfixes.
If you face any other issues with the app or have some ideas – don’t hesitate to share them.
Animix 1.2 has been just released. The change list:
- New “Touch” effect with static styling filters.
- Re-designed mask editor with some improvements.
- Overall UI improvements.
- Minor bugfixes.
There was a bug in Animix 1.1 (actually, in the QTKit) that caused the app to crash on 32-bit machine when exporting to QuickTime movie. This patch fixe the issue.
Animix app has been just updated to 1.1. This version is a big step forward, I have fixed few bugs, added “Clouds” filter and perspective option for the “Water” effect. Some UI glitches were fixed as well, QuickTime exporting options extended. Here is the full change list:
- New ‘Clouds’ effect.
- ‘Water’ effect extended with Perspective option.
- ‘Scene’ extended with resolution settings.
- Zooming fixed.
- QuickTime export extended with codec and quality options.
- Preview mode adjusted to hide unused UI elements.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.
PhotoStyler is the next app for update in the development schedule. Don’t switch the channel!
Yesterday Animix 1.0 was published on Macupdate and submitted to the AppStore as well. Today I have received the first letter from a surprised user: “Where is the help?..”. Fair. I will publish on-line manual as fast as possible, I understand that app isn’t that simple in details.